Monday, May 3, 2010

Ending the semester

It was nice to end the semester with getting to work with my classmates a little bit more. I wish that I had gotten to know them all sooner in the semester, but at least I know we have more classes together in the future.

The first group I started working with was Lucy's brainchild. She, because of her experience being out and about in the world and experiencing other cultures, saw the value in having a translation product. Our group for this project consisted of Lucy, Krysti, Brooke, and myself. With this project, which we named Globetalkers, we met a couple of times on Skype to discuss the nitty gritty, but we decided on having a centralized website to reference that would contain the information of the product and also have the product out in the social networking world (it even has its own Skype account!).

In the second group I worked with, consisting of Amy, Karyn, Shelly, Thomas, and myself, we developed an LMS system using a Presi to put it together. I had never used a Presi before, and I think I ended up spending part of one Skype meeting just playing with the tools. In this project, which we called New Open Book Learning Environment (or N.O.B.L.E.), the backdrop was the shape of a tree where we looked at the foundation of this system and the three branches that would benefit and what it could offer. It was neat playing around with new tools in this group as well.

Even though I was not looking forward to the group projects since my experience with group projects in the past was less than fun, this time around, everyone was active in the groups I was a part of, and it was a great learning experience as well as a social experience. I'm glad to end the semester on a high note!

No comments:

Post a Comment