Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Objectives Review

In the beginning, there were objectives. And I was okay with these objectives. I realized as I was going through trying to find any gaps with the objectives I have that I had set really broad objectives. I think that part of that comes from the understanding that if set very specific objectives, it might not pan out. The nice thing about broad objectives is that it is pretty easy to meet them. When I initially came up with mine (although it feels like it was so long ago that I actually forgot about them), I tried to think about what I expected to get from a Web 2.o class.

I feel that all four of the objectives I set out in the beginning of class have been met to my satisfaction and some beyond my expectations. When I put down one of my objectives as continuing to learn from my peers without face-to-face interaction, I thought it just sounded nice. However, since I didn't fully understand Web 2.0 when I wrote these objectives, I never expected that this class would have such a deep focus on these interactions with my peers. In the web design class last semester, everyone kept to their own websites and there was a friendly hum of being joined in our webpages, but this is one of the few classes I've had where I've really felt like I've really gotten to know my classmates (this includes in the seated classes I had in college). I've actually gotten to meet a few, and I value the connections I've made with people in this class. For me, that is the most valuable thing I'll probably walk away with from this class (although Wordle is pretty sweet :D ).

No comments:

Post a Comment